More than ever major brands are ready to pay blogs of all sizes serious money to run campaigns on their sites. The problem is due to inexperience, many of us are either missing these opportunities, taking less money than we deserve, or executing these ad campaigns incorrectly. Through a lot of trial and error, Wise Bread has successfully landed and executed lucrative ad campaigns from brands like American Express, TurboTax, Microsoft, etc.
Takeaways: Will Chen will explain the step-by-step process of a big corporate media buy--from landing the client to the final report. Examples of what he'll cover:
- Learn where to network with the corporate ad buyers.
- Learn the three key secrets to successful negotiations with a huge brand.
- Learn to stop under pricing yourself.
- Setting boundaries: The art of telling your clients "no" and get them to love you for it.
- Propose metrics that will make your campaign look awesome, regardless of your traffic numbers.
- End is only the beginning: If you didn't get a return client you have messed up somewhere.
Co-founder, Wise Bread
Will is the co-founder and marketing director for the award-winning blog Wise Bread and the Wise1000—a leaderboard that showcases the best personal finance blogs. He has shared his blog marketing experience at conferences such as SXSW, Blog World EXPO, FinCon11 and the New York Times Small Business Summit. His blogging and business insights have been featured and quoted by Forbes, USA Today, Nielsen’s Media, among others. In his free time Will enjoys sharing viral news on social media... Read More →
Attendance numbers do not account for private attendees. Get there early!